Learn About Solar Universe (REPOWER)
- Solar Universe provides residential solar electric systems across the U.S.
- Available in 11 states and 1 U.S. territory: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico.
- Type of company: Private
- Check out Solar Universe news and the company’s blog.
Solar Universe Company Information
Solar Universe, which has recently rebranded as REPOWER, is based in Livermore, California, though the company operates in 11 states across the U.S. and in Puerto Rico through a franchise-based model. Founder, and current President and CEO of the company, Joe Bono, started the company in 2008 after years as a successful Quiznos franchisee in California, bringing the franchise idea to the solar business.
Today, Solar Universe operates 48 franchises across the United States, generating more than 46 megawatts of clean, solar energy. The company has grown to over 1,000 employees and has been ranked every year since 2012 in Franchise Magazine’s Franchise 500 list. The company’s goal is to provide residential customers a solution for more affordable power and the ability to manage a more efficient home.
Solar Universe Financial Plans and Services:
- Solar Universe’s solar plans come with Smart Home technology, enabling homeowners to enjoy automated lighting settings, temperature controls, and alerts from an app or the home display panel.
- Each customer that installs a Solar Universe system receives a smarter home kit, which includes a smart thermostat, LED smart bulbs, door and window sensors, a hub, a wall-mounted control center, and access to smartphone apps to manage the home remotely.
- Purchasing the system enables homeowners to be eligible for the 30% Federal Investment Tax Credit through 2016.
- Solar Universe provides many financing options for residential customers including no money down options.
- A no money down monthly energy agreement operates as a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) in which the residential customers pay the provider to use the energy generated by their system; this option is transferrable if the homeowner moves.
- Solar Universe will have solar systems up and running in 1 to 2 days.
Solar Universe has a Better Business Bureau rating of A+ and has been accredited since January 2010.